AYURVEDIC TREATMENT for DYSENTERY
Dysentery is an inflammatory condition of the intestine or gastrointestinal caused due to infection of colon and presents mainly with bloody diarrhoea'
'Dysentery is a condition presenting with diarrhoea with visible blood. The infection may be caused by bacteria, viruses, parasitic worms or protozoa. Dysentery is compared with the disease pravahika described in Ayurveda.
- Dysentery is caused either by bacilli Shigella dysenteriae (called bacillary dysentery or by parasite Entamoeba histolytica (called amoebic dysentery).
- These organisms usually enter the human body through contaminated foods, water and milk.
- Poor sanitation and uncleanlines usually provide conducive environment for their spread.
- Frequent motions, Fever, Abdominal pain, Blood & mucus in stool
Ayurvedic view of Treatment
- Dysentery is known as Pravahika in Ayurveda. It is caused by the infection of Entamoeba histolytica (a Protozoan). Ayurveda describes the three doshas of the body and any imbalance in any of the dosha leads to health problem.
- According to Ayurveda, when the aggravated vata dosha associates with kapha dosha then, this disorder occurs. The root cause of this disorder is indigestion((Agnimandya in Ayurveda).Iit is the aggravation of vata dosha that drags the accumulated Kapha from stomach to the large intestine (Pakwashaya). Due to imbalances in vata dosha and kapha dosha, obstruction in digestion process occurs. Kapha adheres to the walls of pakwashaya.Due to this, Vata requires more force to expel out the kapha. The patient develops Pravahan i.e. forceful defecation or tenesmus. Thus, by more and more Pravahan, there is repeated defecation containing kapha. It is characterized by defaecation of stools with small quantity of shleshma (Mucus) and rakta.Ayurveda provides the natural solution to tackle with such problem with no side-effects .